The Teaching profession is considered the backbone of the educational system of a country. The Department of Educational Development at the Karakoram International University Diamer Campus offers degree programs for prospective teachers at graduate and post-graduate level. The department also offers short courses in ECD and related areas in collaboration with Institute for Continuing Education.
Education for Life with Human Dignity, Civic Responsibility and Economic Prosperity
To produce dynamic educators with capabilities of change management through learning from recent educational development research and model teaching, who can serve to ensure quality of teaching and learning at educational institutions.
- To equip prospective teachers with modern pedagogical methods and skills.
- To enhance competence and efficiency in school level content courses.
- To improve skills in communication and learning technologies
- To develop managerial and leadership skills among prospective teachers to become educational leaders.
- To nurture moral and civic values with awareness of environmental protection and human rights.
- To develop basic understanding of child development and psychology.
- To develop curiosity for investigation and skills of conducting research
- To enable learners be cognizant about contemporary trend and issues in education.
- To enhance skills of educational assessment and evaluation.
- To prepare curriculum developers at school/subject level.
- B.Ed. Hons (4 years program)
- M.A Education (2 years program)
Head Of Department
Mr. Imdad Ullah